Hi there …
Those two screenshots above were displaying how I could run a video as a wallpaper using Ubuntu 11.10! Basically, the concept is by using Shantz XWinWrap to run MPlayer in the background.
Below are the simplest step
- Install MPlayer from Ubuntu Software Center or Synaptic
- Download the XWinWrap here.
- Extract the archive, install the DEB file (please choose the right architecture for your processor).
- Run the command : xwinwrap -ni -o 0.9 -fs -s -st -sp -b -nf — mplayer -wid WID -nosound /full/path/to/videofile
Some tips …
- If you want the sound to be played (e.g: you want to play a movie or listen to a music video), just remove the -nosound parameter.
- If you want to play a playlist, just add —playlist before the filename
- More information about mplayer, just type mplayer —help
Thanks for the original howto at this link.
For the video, head up here to get them.